A delicious drink with many properties, including anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, making it perfect for those suffering from stress or flu, for example, turmeric latte or golden milk is simply fantastic!
- 500 ml milk or vegetable drink
- 11 teaspoon turmeric powder (I use half a teaspoon per person, but you can use more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon of ginger powder
- Cloves 2 (optional)
- Green cardamom 1 (optional)
- Pinch of ground black pepper or 2 whole peppercorns
- Sweetener (honey, panela, xylitol, erythritol, coconut sugar...) to taste
1. Heat the milk in a saucepan with the cinnamon, cloves, open cardamom, pepper and ginger over medium-high heat without bringing to the boil. Lower the heat before it comes to the boil and add the turmeric, stirring constantly. Simmer on a very low heat for at least 5 minutes.
2. Taste and add the sweetener of your choice.
3. Serve piping hot and sprinkle with a little more cinnamon and turmeric powder for garnish (to taste).
The optional spices are to give it more flavour and a different touch, so you can start by trying the basic recipe, and if next time you want to give it a more exotic aroma, add them.