Enjoy the authentic recipes of the Valencian community: alicantino chicken rice and artichokes.
Exquisite dish for the most demanding rice dishes. The Valencian Community has a great wealth of rice recipes. So much so that in each of its three provinces (Valencia, Castellón and Alicante), we have discovered countless ways to make this dish. To do this, we head to the heart of Alicante to rescue one of the most typical rice dishes of Levante: the alicante rice of chicken and artichokes. A traditional dish that will surprise your guests.
- Put half the oil in a frying pan, cut the pepper into strips and saute. We booked for the end to decorate the paella.
- Clean the artichokes: we split them into 8 pieces each and fry in the pepper oil. Reserve.
- In the excess oil the chiken is fried with a little salt and thyme, meanwhile in a pot we put the water to heat. When this chicken is well fried we put it in the pot with the water. Let it cook for at least 15 minutes.
- Put the paella on fire with the other half of the oil and the shredded tomato, saute and add the saffron, chopped garlic and parsley. We put the rice and keep moving so that it does not burn, when the rice gets a little white everything we have in the pot and the reserved artichokes is added.
- We measure the broth, we have to put 800 ml. of hot broth.
- From this moment on we count 13-14 minutes, we test it of salt and rectify it.
- Just by putting out the heat we garnish with the fried red pepper and put the lemon juice on top.
We remove the fire and wait a little…
Just let the paella rest 10m and you’re done!
You can now serve either as the Alicantes do, eat it directly from the paella 🙂
We hope you enjoyed this new recipe that is easy to make. See you soon! Don’t forget to leave your 🙂