Gourmet Saffron in metal tins
One of the best saffron in the world served in your dishes where it will bring a great aroma, flavour and colour to your meals.
- Strands selected under strict quality control.
- Collection of the material and selection using traditional processes to take care of each strand and preserve all the qualities of the saffron.
SAFFRON IS ONE OF THE MOST RECOGNISED AND WIDELY USED PRODUCTS IN THE WORLD, WHOSE BENEFITS AND VARIETY OF USES HAVE BEEN REVERED THROUGHOUT HISTORY.
It is a thing of beauty, goodness and quality: its nickname is red gold. It is a luxury product.
HOW TO USE SAFFRON IN FOOD?
When saffron is in strands or filaments
Put the dried saffron in a mortar and pestle to grind it with the other spices, add it to the food, reserve 5/6 strands to garnish the presentation of the dish.
When the saffron is powdered
Dissolve the ground saffron in a liquid and add it to the food.
Quantities of saffron
One sachet 0,125 gr/0.004 oz. of ground saffron or 15 threads, serves 4/6 persons.
- The gathering of saffron is carried out when the plant blooms, which takes place between the months of October and November. This work is done by hand.
“DESBRIZNE” OR PEELING THE ROSE
- This consists of separating, with firm finger pressure, the red stigmas from the rest of the flower, by cutting along the style. The different qualities recognised depend on the amount of red and yellow parts it contains. The more red parts it contains, the more active principles the whole will contain.
ROASTING THE THREADS
- This is perhaps the most important work, and consists of drying or roasting the strands separated in the debittering process.